Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hands Of Pace




Created this image from a photo of my hands that were covered in drying paint. Jim Frederick and I had finished working on our joint work of art for our 2nd Annual P.A.C.E. Art Showcase which will be held in December.
This photo is representative of the very struggle that I try to solve --- that of the physical painting world and the non-physical digital world and the journey back and forward between them.

I was struck today by a piece I read in Keith Haring's journals -- he talked about creating art in the information age and how even his work was already on t-shirts across the world before he had even created them himself. In many ways my putting my digital art on this blog is an act of faith because who knows who in the world may be viewing this art and taking it for their own use somewhere in the world. It may be interesting for me to watch and see where this digital path leads me in the world.





For those of you interested. The is our logo for P.A.C.E.
P.A.C.E. is an acronym --- it means
Positive Attitudes Change Everything.
The logo to me represents the transformation you can have as an individual when you use positive attitude. This was something Jim had worked on, and then I helped with resurrect and we used it last year to talk about our own art struggles and pursuits. We both realized that it was when we used our Positive Attitudes, and held onto them even during tough times, and when we reminded each other of them when we hit rough patches of self-doubt --- that indeed things changed usually for the best. You can go at your own pace but it needs to be positive and things will work out. This has been a rough year for me. I have been unemployed, but I have been creating art. I have had health issues, but I have not been sick. I have been down, but then my friends and family bring me back up. Everytime you start to think positive - little miracles occur and change everything. I have been lucky to know and meet Jim - we are good friends who challenge each other to be the best not only as artists, but as citizens of the human race. Trying to support each other through trying times, to be better people giving back to our community, that that Katrina aid, SPCA, AIDS Resource Center or just buying a friend a cup of coffee.

In the words of Heather Small's song PROUD and Oprah's new campaign of "What Have You Done Today?" --- keeping up the P.A.C.E. is something Jim and I are both proud of. Hopefully by sharing P.A.C.E. and spreading on the internet and across the world --- we will see things change for the positive. Please leave comments about how P.A.C.E. has effected your life.

Did we mention the PACE is PEACE in Italian?

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved
P.A.C.E. and Positive Attitudes Change Everything Copyright 2004 Jim Frederick and William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

This is the invitation to the 2nd Annual P.A.C.E. art showcase - hope you can come --- please mention that you saw it on this blog.

1 comment:

whimblog said...

Im reposting this on my Facebook and Jim Frederick's Facebook as a reminder of what a wonderful thought P.A.C.E. is in our lives... Jim - keep the P.A.C.E. - love Billy