Sunday, January 27, 2008

Creating Album Cover Art

A friend who reads my blog regularly posted a comment and within it laid out a challenge.

Following the rules this is the album I created. Muktinath is one of the most ancient Hindu temples of God Vishnu.

My quote:
"There are admirable potentialities in every human being. Believe in your strength and your youth. Learn to repeat endlessly to yourself, 'It all depends on me.' " -
Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)

My photo that was in the number 3 position was that of Gee, Nicole.

http://sanguinaryblue.blogspot.com/2008/01/newest-release.html

I decided that this was an interesting challenge given the fact that it was so random. But I wondered if I did the same - how would it work with my photos. so I pulled a number and counted in my photos on my computer, then created this version using my own work.

Thanks Kelli for the fun assignment.

Copyright 2008 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

kellycoxsemple said...

I KNEW there was a reason I wanted you to try this! I was hoping you might get some of your own art in there, which you did and it looks fabulous. I also though perhaps you might have your computer-bending way with whatever picture was randomly selected. But then I saw the picture you got, and it's really cool just as it is.

Thanks for playing along. :-) Have a good week.

Steph said...

Hi Billy,

How are you? Not sure if you remember me, but I met you in North Tonawanda, wrote some poetry influenced by your work and you sent me an amazing print...

Anyway, I have a question for you. I'm the Arts & Culture Editor for a Vancouver-based web magazine called Haute and our theme for the second issue is The Mind.

We're introducing a feature interview piece and I thought you would be a fun person to interview as I know your work is very original and focuses on emotion quite a bit.

Would you mind doing an email interview for me when you have a bit of free time? I'm going to be writing the article and it's 1,000-1,500 words. It would be 5-10 questions.

If you're interested, give me a shout on my email at stephanie.sadler@hotmail.co.uk

You can see the premier issue at http://hautemag.wordpress.com/category/issues/

Hope all is well!

Thanks,

Steph
www.abowlofcherries.co.uk