Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NYC

I just got an email from an old pal, who like me has had trouble keeping her blog up to date. Some many things to do, and then you have this blog. Her blog reminded me of when I used to live in NYC. Lived on the upper east side on 90th Street between 2nd & 3rd avenue in a 5 story walkup (on the 5th floor) across from Rupert Towers. She has a section now of the stars that she has seen in public --- I saw Diana Ross in Central Park (twice, the first time in the rain), I met Andy Warhol in Union Square, saw Liza Minnelli at the Red Parrot, met Morgan Fairchild on the dance floor of Studio 54 on Valentines Day (she floated down from a heart shaped swing), had Divine sign my underwear at a club called The Tunnel after singing her new hit called "Trash", seen Kevin Bacon filming a movie, was an accidental extra for a movie called Those Girls in their Summer Dresses on fifth avenue (forgot who was in the movie), am sure I could think of others but those are the most memorable star sightings. NEW YORK .... if you can make it there you can make it anywhere!

No comments: