Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ART CONSPIRACY CREATION


On December 5th, it was another yearm the fourth actually for Art Conspiracy. Artist's gathered among their supplies and heaters in a semi open warehouse that was the staging area for the creation as well as the event.

Two Artist Knomes, not sure they are woodsmen, helped with the supplies, we never did catch their names. They were supposed to be welcome gifts for someone who shall no longer be named. But he had different plans and decided Dallas wasn't the right place for him.
Pictures of my P.A.C.E. art buddy, Jim looking great - not sure which I like better the piece of art or his art shirt! (To think someone tried to throw that away! Never!! That would be treason)
Jim is standing between his "I need a hand" painting and my Artist Soul painting (digital art on canvas with acrylic embellishments).
The afternoon ended with of all things a flat tire, and I am not talking about the beer. One Auto Rescue came and left because he could not find the crank to get the spare out. Leave that to handy lesbians - one came and quickly helped me. After two other trucks never showed, a nice fellow named Jack, (wearing a cool Billy Goat sweated hood shirt) changed the tire for me and I was on my way after three long hours in the cold. Nice friends, Al & Robb took Jim home so he could get warmed up and not wait for this to clear up. I topped the evening off with getting warm, comfort food from Cyndy's New York Deli!

Some great links of other artists that documented the event
and I was the proud owner of David Hopkins' created piece - here is a blog about his creation of the piece





1 comment:

David said...

Very cool! I'm glad my Art Con piece is going to a good home.

The comic book script I wrote last year is actually getting published in the PopGun anthology. I'll let you know if this one has any similar fortune.