Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's Just A Jump to the Left...







Tonight I relived a part of my youth. I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show in Houston at the River Oaks Theatre at Midnight with my "virgin" friend, Karen. It was as good as always, and the heckles have certainly changed over the last 20 years since I last saw it at the 8th Street Playhouse in NYC. Some of the antics were the same, some were lost in time and no longer relevant, newer more clever shout outs made it - but all in all watching the young of today dressed in transexual attire (much more than when I was 20) it warms the heart to know that this lives on, the performance during the show, and the audience part tisss a ..... SAY IT! ...... Pation! is still fun once you get into it. I left laughing as gobs and gobs of toilet paper was stuck to the bottom of my shoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic of Karen in your snaplog! me

Anonymous said...

Ahh ...I remember first going with Kevin in college, and then you used to rally the troops to go with you in NY/NJ. Good to get an update and know the antics live on! What fun!

TC