Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Diverse Forest


Trees.
Friends.
Trees are a wonderful things.
Friends are wonderful people.
Being Sunday, it is a great day to take a breath or two, relax and appreciate the little things we take for granted. Like the oxygen we breath --- Like the trees that help replenish it, like the beauty of the color green --- trees provide many colors of green for our eyes and multiple colors each fall. Like a sense of the familiar, strong and secure --- trees slowly watch us and grow adding rings to their trunks as we add days and years too our lives. You never get to see the roots of a person unless you spend the time to dig them up. But if you take the time to get to know a persons roots, and you handle them with care, keeping them covered with moist ground, they will grow and thrive and they will come to provide comfort and shade for you when you need it most. That is what my friends are to me. I want to say that I appreciate the oxygen and spirit that they provide me. I love to live in a beautiful diverse forest of friendships.
Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: