Friday, June 24, 2005

Do Dandelions Die?


I have not been very good at blogging regularly, but will vow to try to do better. The past few weeks have been very busy with lots of work on my art and my inner self. A few films that I have seen that have effected me are: Crash, Motorcycle Diaries, Monsieur Ibrahim. In addition I have been reading the following books: The Brief History of Everything; by Ken Wilber, Was; by Goeff Ryman. I have had the pleasure to be challenged in my artwork by my fellow artist friends - we call it the art group and each week we have a different title in which we explore our interpretations of the titles in our own expressive ways. I have been trying to find my inner voice in my digital work. Becoming comfortable with the software programs that allow me to organize, collage, blend, paint, layer and express my thoughts. Death is our next topic. What is death? Is it nothing more than a process? Is death the opposite of life? Is Death just a portal to a new connection to the mystery we live in? In life, we have living? but in death do we have dying? Or is death, just the end? Or is it more like the dandelion, with pending death releases its seeds to fly to other parts of the universe to create and continue life?
Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: