Thursday, May 10, 2007

A lot can happen in a week

I was gone to Toronto for my corporate job as an Online Marketing Manager for Direct Energy. I was there to with the team of people on the North American Web Project Team to compete for the company's Platinum Award for Teamwork and Collaboration. Each team must do a skit of their achievements. Ours was the basketball team - The Direct Energy Webtrotters - and I was the sportscaster "HowWeb GrowsSales" - and no that is not my real hair! (I know some evil queens are thinking otherwise!)
I created this image from some photographs I took during the dinner's entertainment from Cirque Du Solie. The theme was inspire.
I also took this photograph at the event which was held at Liberty Grand in Toronto. The night was truly top notch.
At the end of the evening, just like the Oscars - they review the nominations - 125 narrowed down to 25 (5 in each category) and then a winner!
As you can see here - one of my teammates, David - holding the Platinum Award - which are team took home that night for winning our category.
I was able to go to see my Parents for a day after that weekend. I took this picture of some flowers in the front flower bed. They reminded me of blue bonnets, although I was told they were not.
I had a great chance to visit with my Parents, and my friend Michael, and this time I even was blessed enough to visit the Harris Family. Even though we only had 30 minutes before I headed back to Toronto - we had a great visit. The girls are getting so big and so full of their own personalities. It is such a happy family with so much love. They introduced me to a new thing called - GeoBugs... little devices that you can track if you have one of these GPS systems, you bury them, log on to a computer and then track who finds them and where to do they go.
Back in Toronto - with time to take in the sights and take some unique pictures.....
It may be hard to make out in this picture - but across the street is a sign of a picture of a fire hydrant, directly across from the real hydrant.

Holding Hands
always nice to see.
(doctored to be more painted like)

This picture was taken to honor my friend, Sarah Jane. "Night Bike Rider" - notice the feet standing on the shadows of the bike.


This picture I call "Visualize Peace" - graffiti and posted bills shot.

And finally with Mother's Day upon us this weekend - this is so appropraite!
MOM YOU ROCK!!


P.S. - to all my artist friends, poet friends, and just friends - keep doing what you are doing becuase it is all amazing.
Copyright 2007 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first shot? very hot, but remember you're a winter paltetand you're wearing a spring/summer color...I'm just sayng

Anonymous said...

i love that one called visualise peace. very cool!

if you want to put my email address in your blog and a little mention of the traveling magazine project thing, feel free! i just put a link to your site in one of my recent entries :)

Steph