Wednesday, December 14, 2005

FOCUS


Today was a great day to focus. I focused on myself. I was able to take a great nap in the middle of the afternoon. I was able to have dinner with friends and celebrate the holiday by exchanging gifts. I was able to create on the computer some new art. I was able to work more on my Diffa Jacket (almost finished Armando!). I was able to sell some art, excited to see it go to a good home and know that I made enough money to pay my rent. Now I need to work on doing that every month. So that mean more focus.

Sometimes you just have to focus. With the shows over for 2005, now the focus becomes on 2006. This means evaluating how you did, how many paintings did you create, how many digital pieces did you create, how many shows did you have, how many greeting cards did you sell, how much art did you sell, what other projects brought in money or exposure, what would you do again, what would you do different. I think you have to look at not only how your work is selling, but also if your vision is being communicated. I think that others that get to know a artist, like to see their vision, they like to be part of it, and they like to see the growth in your work. This includes them in your journey and it makes owning a piece of your art as something very special, even if you do not know the person well, they know your story and what you are trying to communicate.

Getting back to focus...lists help me focus. Keeping in touch with others and reminding them is a way to keep focus. And Listening to that inner voice helps focus.

Copyright 2005 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: