Wednesday, December 07, 2005

How do you measure a year?


How do you measure a year?

I have been thinking alot about this question since seeing the movie "Rent". Another year has gone by and we are rapidly moving towards the 2nd annual P.A.C.E. show. If it was not for meeting Jim Frederick, I wonder sometimes if I would have had the dedication to keep my art going, to keep creating against the pushes and pulls of daily life. That is why I embrace his friendship so much, and take "Positive Attitudes Change Everything" to heart. For me I look forward to my holiday break with my family, reflecting on the past year, how did I do against my business plan. One thing is certain I helped change the world in some small ways. Which way you might ask...well looking back... this year was filled with people buying, yes buying my artwork. This picture is one from friends of mine, Brian & Leonard. They recently had a party and where both exciting and a little worried to show my that they had placed the art in their bathroom. Well I must say I was honored. First of all, the bathroom is one of the most visited places in the house, especially at a bellini party! So lots of people saw the art. They had it beautifully framed, and it really looked great in the room. This made me think of all the other people that have my art, many of them I do not even know -- where did they place it over a couch, above the mantle, or in a special place?, does the picture have a special meaning to them?, how does it make them feel? Anyways I created it, released it into the world, and now that energy that went into the image, the painting, the execution are now living a life of its own and effecting the world it now lives in.

WOW --- measure the year in art....measure the year in its effects
It feels good.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: