Sunday, July 02, 2006

Houston in the Rearview Mirror

I took this picture as I was leaving Houston on Friday. The city has been on my mind this weekend, as I prepare for the move to a new city.

My ankle is feeling much better, my toe is hurting worst, and the scrape on my knee is turning into a wonderful scab. I got up today had breakfast with Patrick and Warren, then I met Burt and we saw "The Devil Wears Prada". I find it interesting that you can catch yourself projecting yourself and your own life experiences into a film. I found myself doing that several times while I watched this movie. I think because it was about being true to yourself and what is important to you. To remember your dreams and do not let what people think you should do get in the way of your dreams.

I am meeting with the gang this evening --- it has been so long since we all have been together. Ann, Laura, Steve, PH, Tim, Rob, Pat, Warren, Chris, David and I am sure many more will be there. Armando, Cliff, Jim, Karen and Burt will be missed as they are doing other things this evening.

Monday --- I have to work...been a while since I have said that. A busy week lays ahead -- with taking down the show at Minc, Painting at the Urban Blossom on Saturday, getting postcards, press releases ready for my August Show in Western NY, Looking into movers, looking for apartments and studio spaces, traveling to Toronto, finishing up art projects, blogging and more.... I am sure it will be October before I know it.

Copyright 2006 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: