Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I will try again tomorrow


Today I got an email from a friend, Joe Ede, whom sends these daily thoughts out each day in email. Then I got the same quote in an email from another friend, Karen Charleston. Then I read my friend, Jim Frederick's Blog and it was mentioned there. I figured this must be a sign from the Universe, trying to tell me something.

Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow".

-- Anonymous
Today I finally got on the bike. It was scary given that in less than three weeks I will be attempting a 175 mile bike ride over two days to raise money and awareness for HIV and AIDS. www.lonestarride.org Today Jim and I rode 9.3 miles from his home, down the Katy Trail, around the new W hotel and AA Arena....and back....my fears hit me square in the face --- if I was huffing and puffing on this how am I going to do the ride?
Then I came home to find that I was called for an interview, or at least to call to set up an interview for a marketing job. The person whom is to set up the interview never called me back, this was after one call leaving my contact info, and one call in which we spoke and she said that had the information and would call me when then could get a time. Again, Fear hits me in the head... why are they not calling, am I not good enough, why is it so hard to get a job?
Then I begin working on my list of art things to do -- and luckily I have many of them. I am donating works for the Dallas Jesuit Museum fundraiser, an AIDS fundraiser, Postcards From the Edge in NYC, I am rehanging work at the Nodding Dog Coffee Company, I am hanging work at a friends home for a fundraiser party they are having, and I am getting new shows lined up for the end of the year and next. Again Fear hits me... is my art any good?
As I get ready for bed tonight, I hope to find the COURAGE, to awaken my dreams and find the solutions I need to squelch my fears.
I will try again tomorrow.
Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: