Thursday, September 01, 2005

Summertime


Not much to say today. It is September 1st, and in Western New York where I am from the weather would be getting cooler and showing signs of fall coming. But in Dallas it is still HOT - 100 degrees hot. This is painting that I did last summer.

Alot of talk about helpig those who are helpless from the Hurricane. Alot of refrugees are coming to Dallas, in search of a place to live, to start over. I am going to go with my friend, Jim, to te SPCA tomorrow and see about their Foster pet program. This is where you take in someone's pet for 30-60 days until the family can get settled and they take their pet back.

This will be a true test is I can handle a pet long term. What a way to start the month!

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

kellycoxsemple said...

That's wonderful, Billy. How great that you're able to help the situation there "on the ground." We feel so helpless up here, all we can do is watch the tragedy unfold on TV and donate money and supplies to the relief efforts.

By the way, I love the the "Summertime" painting. It's been a hot one in the Northeast this year (although I'm sure nothing compared to Texas), so I'm very much looking forward to fall!