Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Painting

I spend today painting, this is the latest for one of the paintings that I am working on. The painting canvas is 48"x48"x1.5".

It is strangely physical working on paintings, entirely different then working in the bits, ones and zeros of the digital work.

You get to feel the pressure of the canvas, the paint that gets on you, your hands, the floor!

I think my next step will be to add some color using oil pastels, I am likely the layers that are beginning to appear and I think by adding the oil pastels I can add some more depth to this piece.

I entitled the piece "HK" becuase of the inspiration from Hurricane Katrina, and the overhead visuals that have been coming in from the media. Amazing how in this day in age when media is so immediate that we can get devastating news like this, however I am sure that in other parts of the world they are moving along their lives without a care in the world. Strange how if we did not have the media we probably would not have known about the disaster.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.