Saturday, July 30, 2005

Extreme Abstraction


Friday was a great day --- I met with Joan the gallery owner of Partners in Art, a gallery located in North Tonawanda, NY - after showing her my digital work, we looked at the calendar and scheduled a show for next year - August 4th & 5th.

Then I met my friend, Michael and we went to a few galleries in Buffalo, NY that I may try and also show my work -- I will try and set up appointments next week.

After that I met Michael's friend, Gretchen, and we had a wonderful dinner at Betty's - a restaurant located on Virginia. After dinner we went to the late night at the Albright Knox Art Gallery for the "Extreme Abstraction" exhibition. Lots of very abstraction and minimal work was on display, they also had some performance art in the way of intrepretive dance and poetry jams. One of the poets did a piece that was about what "Deaf Poetry" is and it contains both words and sign language. It was very cool to see. I also picked up a little something for my friend, Jim at the gift shop.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

B said...

Congratulations!! That's fantastic news for you.