Thursday, July 28, 2005

Leaving Chautauqua


The last day at Whitney Bay in Lake Chautaugua was a rainy day. After a violent thunderstorm on Tuesday - the weather cooled down, trees were down, and the rain continued. This afternoon Dr. Charles Coyle, Andy Whelan and I went to have lunch at Le Flore. Andy and I dined on a wonderful rosemary and white wine chicken salad on rosemary bread. After lunch we toured the gardens. This is a picture of one of the small garden falls locked at the Red Brick Barn.

I will be looking to post pictures from the "Big Chill" Weekend here. I took over 600 photos and am very excited about some of the new images that I can use to create some art pieces.

After Andy left to head back to Buffalo, Chuck decided to go with me touring around the Lake in search of the Curly Maple. I found out later that this restaurant is located near Findley Lake. Our search lead us to see the Lucy & Desi Museum in Jamestown, some great homes on the lake, and an old amusement park. Around 5pm, our stomachs announced their hunger pangs and the sun pulled out from the clouds shining the streets of Mayville. We decided to stop and eat dinner at Olive's, a great Italian restaurant. We dined on the best bruscetta that I have ever had, Chuck had Shrimp Scampi and I had Chicken Scampi. After a wonderful meal we returned to the house on the lake and finished off the last of the chocolate casada cake. As the sun set - I set off to return to my parents home in Getzville - not before stopping at Lake Erie to watch the sunset.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: