Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Red Lined


This is a digital collage of images that I took recently. I call this image " Red Lined". I like the perspective of this piece and how your eye moves around the image. Since this is an image that many people see everyday, I like to watch the reaction that people have to this piece since now that taken for granted shopping cart now gives them a whole new feeling. For me this is what I enjoy about digital art creating pieces that take something that people take for granted and now see it in a different light. Somewhere deep down inside I think this applies to people we have in our lives --- so many times we take people for granted. When was the last time you had a quality conversation with you parents about what it was like when they were kids? or with your siblings about what is the most important achievement is in their lives? or with your co-worker about where are their great grandparents from? or with your friends about what would life be like if they or you were not around, what would they or you miss most? or with a complete stranger about how they are truly doing --- and listen, truly listen. For me the red line represents that division -- between granted and meaningful. So please take today and break the red line --- and have a meaningful conversation with someone. If you do this everyday your life will begin to change, deepen, and not be taken for granted. Carpe Diem!
Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: