Thursday, July 21, 2005

Getting Bumped

No pictures with this post. Just a quick note to say that I made it to Buffalo after a very exciting trip. It started with my arrival at DFW airport, and they are asking for volunteers to get bumped from the flight. So for a $250 travel voucher - I volunteer- to get bumped to a flight that will leave 15mins later but I have to connect in Cleveland, change plans and airlines and get to Buffalo at 4:00pm instead of the 2:30 of my original flight. The new flight is about to board and it is delayed becuase of mechanical failure --- the original agent now calls me back, and apoligizes and puts me on another flight since I was not going to make the connection in Cleveland. He also gives me another $250 in travel vouchers (woo hoo) now I am flying to Pittsburgh and changing planes and airlines. The flight goes well, arrives on time in Pitts. I go to the gate of the flight I am supposed to be on -- and the agents at this new airline tell me they have no record of me and all their flights to Buffalo are oversold -- I need to go back to my original airline. After walking for miles in the airport back to the ticket counter, they tell me I am in the computer, reprint the ticket and send me back to the ticket counter of the other airline, that airlines says sorry --not in their system and no flights available--- back to the original airline! URGH! So now I am told I can go to Chicago (but the flight is supposed to arrive at 8:15pm, and the connecting flight to Buffalo leaves at 8:35pm --however there is no plane in Pittsburgh so most likely I would miss the flight). I suggest that they give me money and I will rent a car and drive! It is about a 3hr drive. They have to call a supervisor for approval. They can not give me money, but agree to reimburse me.....so now I am driving to Buffalo. It was a great drive, I took many pictures while we had light --- I finally get to the Buffalo Airport at 10:30pm (right about the time the flight from Chicago would arrive) ---now to pick up my luggage which did make the original flight! No agents, No Baggage handlers, everything closed. I have to come back tomorrow to get my clothes!

WHAT AN ADVENTURE!
Now it is great to be home with Mom, Dad and brother Mark --- now off to Big Chill with my friends at Lake Chautaugua!

more later
Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: