Monday, July 11, 2005

Joy of Friendship


This is an image of my mother's friend, Jan. I wanted to create an image that was about inner spirit, the background is created from a photo that I took of the shell necklace that she loves to wear. I thought that shell symbolized the beauty of her spirit. I used the harshness of the woodcut effect to counter-balance that and show off her outter skin.

I love surprises, both those that happen when you create, and those that happen in life. Today, I received a postcard from a good friend, Carl - whom has said he would never set foot in Texas - , that they will be passing through Dallas this coming weekend. What a great joy it was to read the postcard, to feel the love and friendship, and to be able to share with him what my life is like here in Dallas.

I am lucky to have good friends. People to make me laugh, to care about me, my health, my art and my life. We share stories, experiences, laughs, sorrows, and life. What a joy it is to be able to connect with others through friendship.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: