Saturday, July 16, 2005

Rich's Challenge


Rich's Knee

Today I went to a lovely party at my friend's Ann & Laura's home to celebrate their new kitchen. At the party which was filled with friends, martinis and laughter was my friend, Rich. I was taking my usual party pictures, wierd faces, catching people off guard, catching people shoving food in their mouths, abstract images and textures that I could use in my art making. One picture is that of Rich's Knee --- well he joking said "Let's see you try and make some piece of art out of that!". Then I said "Why are you going to buy it?!", he said "No"... but after thinking about it on the ride home --- why not? Why not see if I can take this picture using my talent as an artist and make some sort of art from it. Well here it is for all of you to see the results - who knows maybe Rich will buy it now!?


It was created using Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Photoshop and Canvas Painter. Interesting how the shapes make a Rorschach inkblot sort of image in which to me the area which was the knee is now a childs face. Now you can psychoanalyse me, but what do you see in it?

This one's for you Rich!

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

B said...

Rich's knee never looked so good!