Sunday, August 28, 2005

Circle of Friends - Flat Ass Coffee

I created this piece today entitled "Circle of Friends". It basically captures what I did today with friends. I started the day off with brunch with my photographer friend, Michal Boothe, where I took the overhead picture of my cup of coffee. Then we proceeded to work with scanning his beautiful Black & White nudes, and portraits, so they could be used electronically for email, webpages and more. Later that evening after seeing the movie "JuneBug" with my artist friend, Jim Frederick, I drove him to his car which was in the garage and it had a flat tire. These three photos summarize most of what happened today. It is a salute to the artistry in all of my friends.

I thought about rearranging these photos into a visual pun but decided at the last minute not to for go that trickery. But in case you are wondering - I would have enititled the piece "Flat Ass Coffee" - I guess if you rewind the day - that is what it was.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved
Copyright 2005 Michal Boothe All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

kellycoxsemple said...

Hi Billy, I stumbled across your blog just wandering the Blogger trails. What a lovely surprise! I really enjoy your art and admire your commitment to it. Is it too late to make a contribution and get a copy of "Lone Star Sunrise?" I hope you don't mind that I've added your link to my blog, as well as that of your friend, Jim Frederick. Thanks for bringing some art onto this sometimes dry medium!

Kelly

whimblog said...

Thank you Kelly --- and it is not too late to get copies of "Lone Star Sunrise"