Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Guts


Today was a day to reflect on my health. The gut that I have grown is getting in the way of my health goals. So I created this piece as a reflection of the honest look that one must sometimes take at themselves. In my case I need to loose the gut to get the glory. Of course it will require starting my exercise regiemin, changing my eating habits, getting rest (hard for a night owl like myself) and making all of this a priority over everthing else.

It takes guts to show yourself to the world, it takes even more to awaken yourself and show you - what you have become. Now it is time for change. Time for sweat. And time for action.

What was the catalyst that started all this, my friends and watching them attend or not attend to their own health. It is always somehow easier to watch and judge from the outside. Now I am finding the courage to reach outside of myself and watch and judge my own self.

Copyright 2005 William H. Miller All Rights Reserved.

No comments: