Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Studio

Clutter.
Organized.
Clorgutanized.

I created these pieces using what was around me. Lately that is my possessions. It is magazines, paints, canvases, papers, collections, inspirations, laundry. It was interesting to see that I have a world of inspirational abstracts to work from - mini little paintings that becuase of the digital work I could quickly work to mesh them together to create something larger than then it's parts.

The first piece is abstract in its piece parts, the colors, the shapes...the 2nd piece takes them to a more spiritual, transendant place. Layers of shapes, lines taking you around the space of the image, the contrasts of light and dark, the interesting images that are formed as you look deeper into the whole.

Believe in your art
Believe in your message
Believe in your presence
Believe in your self

Sometimes it is important to reveal your fears to your friends. To laugh, to carry on, and then get back to work. Thanks Jim, Pat, Armando, Mike, and Chuck Close - I am back to work.

Copyright 2006 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: