Wednesday, February 15, 2006

COMPLEX


What is simple? What is complex? I created this image trying to explore this paradox. Today was a day that I got back into focus.

I have two job opportunities pending. Getting down to the wire with my cobra, it is comforting to know that I might be close to finding a job that can give me the security of benefits and steady income in exchange for my talents with marketing, sales and internet related services.

One thing that I have learned is that I must continue to have my art in my life, as well as work. It is the sum of my experiences that was brought me to this point. I remember when I was young, just leaving Parsons School of Design for the big wide world. Many of my fellow students thought I was crazy to be an intern with a computer graphics company. They thought that computer graphics was a phase. How ironic that now the technology is at a point where I can own my own computer equipment which allows me to use this as a tool for me to create my fine art pieces from my digital creations. Everything is feeling so right. My inner voice is screaming that this is what you have always wanted. I am happy that my downsizing gave me the opportunity to find my artistic voice which I had put on hold for many years. Now that I have found my voice - I want to explore using it not only in the Fine Art world, but in my next corporate world.

Worked on my class outline for the Art of Seeing visual art classes that I will be teaching. It was great to meet the other teachers working in the areas of literature, drama and music. I am interested to see how this experience changes me, and how I effect other with exercise to expand our creative selfs.

Was contacted by an artist from Austin who is a fellow digital artist. She wants to join the Digital Artist Alternative group that I am forming. She has similar experiences with trying to get her work accepted by galleries and as fine art. I hope that this group of artist can help show others that digital art is a fine art, more then just a click of a button, and worthy purchase for art collectors. I think we are the cusp of the digital art revolution, and want to be part of this process. You can see her work at www.chalda.net .

Copyright 2006 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: