Monday, February 06, 2006

Inner Demons


I created this image based on a photo that I took outside a club one night this weekend. I was reminded of Jake Jekell, the teenager that recently died after being shot in a shootout with police after he was tracked down in Arkansas, after using a hatchet and gun against patrons of a gay bar in Mass. In reading out this teen, I learned that he had a my space profile, as do I. I visited his site, I visited his friends sites... is anyone paying attention to this kids? is anyone listening? I sensed lots of inner demons. In many ways their sites - the thoughts posted, the feelings expressed - very original, very dark....something very hard for me to relate to. Most of them had compassion for their friend, Jake, even knowing that what he had done.

Now I need to get back to my own demons of procrastination.

Copyright 2006 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

No comments: