Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Universe Within


Today was a productive day, finished printing the commissioned pieces, tomorrow I take them to be stretched on frames. I will be excited to see them done. I spent time at the doctor doing the usual blood work, results in 2 weeks. I had lunch and dinner by myself - it can be refreshing to be alone with yourself and your thoughts. I spent time creating. One of the pieces is this unnamed piece. I created it using Canvas Painter and Photoshop CS. My inspiration was the website link my brother Mark sent me. I started with a photo I took of beautifully colored tulips, then I drew all over it, then I used that picture and manilpulated the layers, colors, contrast, and created another picture, then I zoomed in and cropped, then did it again, and again and again. This was one of the inbetween stages. You can think of most objects like this, you can think of situations like this --- what are we a smaller part of and what are we the larger part of.... makes you go hmmm?!

Copyright 2006 William H Miller All Rights Reserved

Check out the site my brother sent me:
http://www.micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/

No comments: