Saturday, September 23, 2006

I signed up


Today I took the first step. I committed myself to losing weight and becoming more fit. I signed up at the gym membership I have had but have not used in some while at 24 hour Fitness, I joined the Biggest Loser contest, they have going. It will be a weight loss contest from now through Nov 12th. They say that you can loose 15 pounds in those 6 weeks, and that the person who signs up and loses the most will win a year's membership to the gym. Today I had my consultation, tomorrow I have my fist workout with a trainer. I walked about 2 miles today on the treadmill. I will try to report on my progress in the blog and let you know how things are going. Started weight 295lbs. My friend, Steve, also joined the contest - I think he will be very good motivation for me, and it is nice knowing that you have someone you know going through the same.

No comments: